This Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan is easy, comforting and full of flavor. Plus, with one pan to clean, it’s sure to become a new favorite.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan
Recently, my parents gifted me with a pressure cooker. Since then, it’s become my favorite go-to kitchen appliance. I love that I can use it to make entire meals in just one pot. Plus, I have the ability to sear meats right in that one pot, which really locks in the flavor. I can also use mine as a slow cooker if I want to. It’s so easy!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
This recipe started with an idea. I know that spaghetti squash can be cooked in a slow cooker. However, I wasn’t sure about cooking it in a pressure cooker. I assume that it can be done in the pressure cooker by poking some holes in the squash, adding some water and cooking. I also figured that I could poke holes in it, and throw it in the pot with the rest of my ingredients for this recipe. With that method, however, you have to take the spaghetti squash out of the pot once it’s cooked. Then clean it off, cut it open and scrape out the insides. You could also cut it in half, add some water to the pot, and place the squash on the steamer tray to cook.
So, I chose to cut the squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and scrape the strands into the pot before cooking. This was a bit tougher to do up front, but I think it works perfectly in this recipe. The water that the spaghetti squash releases added just enough liquid to the sauce to keep things from getting mushy.
AdventuresofaCavemom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. We are not endorsed or sponsored by Amazon.
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 bag frozen peppers and onions mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspooon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add avocado oil garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Press cancel and then add marinara sauce, peppers and onions, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds. Scrape out the strands of the squash and add to the instant pot. Stir well
- Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, leave Instant pot in the warm mode for 10 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid and let cheese melt for one minute.
- Open Instant pot, stir to mix in melted cheese and serve hot with chopped parsley or basil.
If you like this recipe, you may want to check out these!