This instant pot sticky chicken is so easy and so delicious! Tender chicken with a sticky, sweet, and savory sauce! What could be better?
Instant Pot Sticky Chicken
Have I mentioned before that my kids seem to hate chicken lately? It doesn’t even matter how I cook it, they hear the word chicken and suddenly refuse to eat. It is the craziest thing! But, since I’m not a short order cook, they get what they get for dinner. If you are the kind of mom who cooks separate meals made to order for everyone, more power to you. That just isn’t me. In my house, if you don’t eat what I cook, you go without until breakfast. (Luckily, all of my kids eat vegetables, and since we have vegetables every night with dinner, nobody has ever gone to bed on an empty stomach). So, it can be challenging to come up with a healthy dinner some nights that will make everyone happy. This instant pot sticky chicken seemed to do the trick, though. Everyone ate all of it. (We also called it white steak, so that might have had something to do with it. No shame in my parenting game, though).
AdventuresofaCavemom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. We are not endorsed or sponsored by Amazon.
For this recipe, I modified a recipe that I found at Diethood to make it paleo-friendly. She uses chicken thighs, but I chose chicken breast tenderloins. (I have this really ridiculous aversion to veins and bones and anything that might indicate that my food was actually alive once. Totally silly, I know, but it is what it is). I also swapped maple syrup for the brown sugar, coconut
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 3 cloves garlic minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in the Instant Pot.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika and ground pepper.
- Add 5 chicken breast tenderloins at a time, to the Instant Pot; cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Repeat with other 5 tenderloins
- While those are cooking, whisk together 1 tablespoon avocado oil, vinegar, maple syrup, honey, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce, siracha, minced garlic, and ground ginger.
- Arrange the chicken on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour the prepared sticky sauce over the chicken. Stir the chicken to coat in the sauce
- Lock the lid and pressure cook on HIGH (OR Poultry Mode) for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and allow to release the pressure, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate.
- To thicken the sauce (optional), scoop out 1/4 cup of the liquid and whisk a tablespoon of arrowroot powder in it.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and stir in the mixture into the sauce in the instant pot; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve the sauce separately or pour it over the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and serve
For more great Paleo Friendly Recipes, click here!