If you need a quick, easy, and kid-friendly weeknight dinner, look no further than this Italian Chicken with Garlic Tomatoes
My children, like most, can sometimes be a bit picky about what they eat. Chicken falls into the category of food that they aren’t usually enthusiastic about. That’s probably because I enjoy cooking a lot of Asian-inspired chicken meals. Those meals tend to have a lot of bold flavors that the kids don’t always love. This Italian Chicken, however is still full of flavor, but it’s not quite as bold as some of my other chicken meals. It is a hit with the kids, and super simple to prepare.
AdventuresofaCavemom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. We are not endorsed or sponsored by Amazon.
These garlic tomatoes are so easy to prepare, and are extremely versatile. I use them with chicken, tilapia, and even as sauce on my paleo pizza sometimes. The trick to making these is to heat the oil (I like avocado oil), then add the garlic, let it simmer for a few minutes, then the Italian seasoning, let that simmer for a few minutes, and finally add the tomatoes. This allows the flavors of the garlic and the season to really open up.
Putting the Italian Chicken with Garlic Tomatoes all Together
There are a few different ways to cook this dish. The chicken can be baked in the oven or pan fried. You can then serve it over rice, cauliflower rice, or even pasta if you eat it. BJ’s Wholesale Club sells frozen cauliflower rice with no extra junk in it for a really reasonable price, or you can make your own using this recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Avocado Oil
- 14.5 oz canned tomatoes
- 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (This is optional but makes cleanup easy)
- Place chicken breast tenderloins on the baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning
- Place in oven to cook 20-25 minutes
- Place avocado oil in saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic begins to sizzle
- Add the Italian Seasoning and continue cooking, for 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Drain the tomatoes and add to sauce pan
- Stir and continue cooking until warm
- When the chicken has finished cooking, top with the garlic tomatoes and enjoy!
For more great Paleo Friendly Recipes, click here!