Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed
These Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are full of juicy flavor, warm melted cheese and tons of vegetables. Sure to be a hit in your home!
Money Saving Secret
Recently, my husband I discovered a way to save roughly a billion dollars a month on our grocery bill. (No, not really a billion dollars, but in a family our size, it can feel that way). We were at our local BJs wholesale club when we discovered a huge package of beef shoulder meat. It had a roast, several steaks, stew beef, and cube steak. When we compared the prices, we found that this package was significantly cheaper than it would be if we bought all of those cuts separately. So, we grabbed it. Then, when we asked the butcher about it a few weeks later, he told us that they will cut you one any time you ask, on the spot. Now, although this isn’t grass-fed beef this is a great deal.
What to Cook With Cube Steak?
Now, I’m not super familiar with cube steak, and how to prepare it. So, I came up with this slow cooker Paleo Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Pepper dish to use it. It’s been such a hit in our house that I make it every time we get one of these combo packs. The kids and my husband all love it.
You can use grass-fed butter in place of the ghee. We aren’t dairy free, but using ghee and dairy free provolone will make this a dairy-free meal for you. Also, I will be honest with you, I use organic frozen peppers and onions. When I make this. It helps to save a little bit of time. You also want to make sure that you are using paleo friendly ketchup. Most ketchup has a bit of sugar in there, so check your labels. Worchestire Sauce can also have some questionable ingredients, so check your labels, or you can follow this recipe to make your own.
AdventuresofaCavemom.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. We are not endorsed or sponsored by Amazon.
- 1 pound cube steak
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grass fed butter, if you use it
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices
- 4 Green Peppers, Sliced Lengthwise, Stems and Seeds Removed
- Add the cube steak and melted ghee or butter to your slow cooker
- Add the peppers and onions
- In a small cup mix the beef broth and arrowroot powder together
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/arrowroot mixture into the pan.
- Stir everything together
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Slice your green peppers in half from top to bottom, remove the stems and seeds
- Place half a slice of provolone cheese in the bottom of each pepper half, add some of the steak mixture and top with another half slice or full slice of cheese
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my other recipes here.